Thursday 5 December 2013

Mini Mani Month: Days 3, 4 & 5

I’ve decided to share the polishes in the ‘Ciate Mini Mani Month’ in sets of 3. So here’s December 3rd, 4th & 5th. What do you think of these?

Day 3: Hopscotch

What Ciate say: As refreshing as a tall glass of fizzy orange soda with a swirly straw, this delicious bright pop shade is colour blocking heaven and a huge dose of colour for happy fingers and toes”.
What I say: I’m not a huge fan of orange polish, I don’t think it suits me. Anyway if you like a nice bright orange polish then this is for you. It’s a fun bright orange, creamy finish and opaque in 3 coats. I found it really easy to work with. The consistency was thin, which I love.

Day 4: Sequins Miss Mistletoe

What I say: I love a little bling, especially on my nails. This is one of Ciate’s textured nail art manicure products. It’s not actually a polish. It is glitter in a bottle, full of medium sized red, pink and gold hexes. You work on one nail at a time. Apply 2 coats of polish and while it is still wet you scatter the sequins on. Lastly you apply a top coat and voilà… a perfect sparkling manicure. So much fun!


Day 5: Encore

What Ciate say: “This muted orange perfect for wearing all-year-round as an alternative to a classic red”.

What I say: Another orange shade. It’s almost a burnt orange, terracotta colour. It looks like a mixture of red and brown. It would make a nice autumn colour. I don’t think this colour is for me but I will say I haven’t seen anything like it. The consistency was slightly thick but I had no trouble applying it. It was actually opaque in one coat, although I did two, just out of habit. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment: