Tuesday 29 April 2014

Maybelline 'Stripped Nudes' Lippy & Polish

 
Nudes seem to be all the rage lately so I recently purchased three lipsticks and one nail polish from Maybelline’s latest ColorSensational collection ‘Stripped Nudes’. There are 6 lipstick shades in total (I’d say there’s something to suit every skin tone) and 4 nail polishes. I’m sharing the two lightest shades (Sultry Sand 710 and Tantalizing Taupe 725) and a ‘middle’ shade (Brazen Beige 732). Ohhh and one of the nail polishes (Bare It All 225).


Sultry Sand 710, Tantalizing Taupe 725, Brazen Beige 732
 
Sultry Sand: This is a super light nude. If you’re going for the concealer lip look then this would be perfect. This colour did seem to settle into the lines of my lips, I recommend prepping lips with a lip moisturiser before applying. This shade actually looks really pretty under a pink lip gloss. I don’t mind this colour, it does settle into a more wearable shade. I think if you have pale skin you could pull it off.
Sultry Sand
 
Tantalizing Taupe: This is a lovely nude with a brown slightly peach colour. Perfect colour for a trendy nude lip. Although this is at the lighter end of the colour range spectrum I actually found it was darker than Brazen Beige (next colour). I think this would suit light to medium skin tones.
Tantalizing Taupe
 
Brazen Beige: I really love this colour. It’s such a pretty shade with a warm pink undertone. I have pale skin and this colour isn’t too light as to ‘wash me out’ and it’s not overly dark either. Again perfect for light to medium skin tones.
Brazen Beige

Swatches
  Top to bottom: Sultry Sand, Tantalizing Taupe & Brazen Beige
 
Nail Polish
Bare It All 225: 2 coats, Easy to work with. Lasted 2 days before a small chip. Love the neutral ‘bone’ shade.
 
 
Overall
The good points:
  • Apply effortlessly, feel creamy with a moisturizing butter like texture
  • The shades in range are likely to suit a range of skin tones
  • No lip liner needed
  • Great coverage, opaque, pigmented
  • Gives a nice sheen to the lips
  • Affordable, well at least at Chemist Warehouse
Not so good points:
  • May have to prep lips for lighter shade as it settles into lip lines
  • Not overly long lasting (which I actually don't mind) 2-3 hours but will come off when eating/drinking
 
I love nudes as you can wear them anytime, anywhere with any makeup look. You’ve just got to find the perfect neutral shade. I think this collection would provide a perfect shade for everyone and make a fantastic staple nude in any lipstick collection.  Are you liking the nude trend? What’s your favourite nude lipstick?   

1 comment:

  1. the lipsticks look great but I'm yet to see them stocked anywhere local to me!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment: