Monday 11 November 2013

Manicure Monday

 
I love this manicure look. It’s different, the colours are pretty and it is super easy to do.

I was inspired to try this look after seeing it on Bailey’s ‘for the lust of makeup’ blog (actually I think it was on her Instagram account) but it’s a great beauty blog so check it out.
What I used:
Revlon #092 Blue Lagoon: This is such a pretty light, sky, baby blue. If I think of ‘baby blue’ this is the colour I imagine. It has a silver shimmer through it which I love. The formula can be streaky but if you paint your first coat perfectly you should be fine.
I painted 3 coats on my on my thumb, middle finger and pinky. I also used this colour to create the spots for the leopard print design.
 

Revlon Color Stay #060 Café Pink: This is from Revlon’s colorstay gel-like collection. It’s meant to give you a long lasting gel-like finish. I’ll admit it does have a nice ‘shine’ but still it’s not the same as proper gel. The polish does last longer than a regular polish, I can get 4 days out of it. This colour is another pretty pastel , a creamy baby pink. Really easy to apply, I love it.
As a base colour I painted 3 coats on my index and ring finger and used the back of a small paint brush to apply the spots on my pinky.

 
Revlon Blackest Black: This is my one and only black polish. I bought this years ago, and it still paints just fine. I usually only use it for nail art. It contains tiny dark blue glitter, which gives it a pretty and subtle shimmer.
I used a small nail art brush to create the black outline of the leopard print design.
 

Maybelline Color Show Sequins #825 Rose Bling: The Color Show ‘Sequins’ polish is a limited edition range and this one is one of my favourite glitters. It has a clear base with rose-pink micro-glitter, medium fuchsia hexes and medium rose-pink holographic hexes. I love this glitter polish, so pretty.
I painted one coat over the top of café pink on my index finger.
 
 
The Finished Manicure
 
What do you think of this manicure? What’s on your nails today?

2 comments:

  1. I think it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skittle Mel! The pastels look great together and I'm always a fan of a leopard print :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment: