Sunday 2 June 2013

Banana Muffin Recipe


What’s the best way to use over-ripe bananas? Make banana muffins of course!

Banana muffins taste so good and they’re so simple to make, just follow this recipe and you’ll have some delicious muffins in no time:


Ingredients

2 ½ cups self-raising flour

¾ cup brown sugar

1 cup milk

1 egg

2 Tablespoons margarine

1 teaspoon vanilla essence

2 ripe bananas

Method

1.   Peel bananas and squish with fork in a bowl

2.  Combine milk, egg, margarine and vanilla essence with bananas

3.  Place flour and sugar in a separate large bowl. Mix in milk mixture

4.  Pour mixture into a greased muffin tray or patty pan cases

5.  Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 Celsius
Mixture before they go in the oven
 
You don’t have to ice these as they are delicious plain, however I decided to ice mine with a cream-cheese icing. This type of icing works well with banana muffins/bread.

Cream-cheese icing:
 
100g cream cheese

65 grams icing sugar

1 teaspoon (or to taste) lemon juice

This is enough icing to lightly cover muffins, double it if you’re an icing fan! Combine these together and tah da! A yummy icing to go with your muffins. I added chopped walnuts as a garnish. Shredded coconut is nice too.

Tips
·         Lightly grease patty pans with cooking spray.
·         When pouring mixture into muffin tray/patty pans use an ice-cream scoop spoon, this makes it so much easier!
·         Makes 18 small muffins, 12 large.

Do you like banana muffins? What’s your favourite baked treat?
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Yes I like muffins, you should make me some gluten free one's next time. Yummmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi boo! Yes i did see a couple of celbs. I was sad though bc the i really wanted to run into Kim Kardashian!!

    Newhoo my nail polish color is by Sally Hansen called Sweet Sunrise from the nail growth miracle collection. It is my favorite goto color. Not to flashy but not too boring.

    feel free to stop by my blog anytime. Lemme know if you need any advice. I ama new blogger too. I love making blogger friends.

    Sincerely,
    STAJA
    www.SoStaja.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so delicious , I have to make it , following you right back honey , thank you for following means a lot to me.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing, going to have to make them! xx

    http://heelsforever.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment: